Fun Ideas To Set The Mood for Your Next Children’s Party
People might be surprised to know that we have a lot of children’s parties at Saluggi’s! Here are a few ideas for your next kid’s party. And don’t forget to call Saluggi’s to book your party or plan your catering at 212 226-7900.
- Streamers – Purchase streamers in two or three bright colors that coordinate with your other partyware. Twist the strands of streamers together, and hang the twists along the walls of the party area. You can also wrap streamers around banisters, twist them around floor lamps, use them to create curtains across the doorways leading into the main party area, or create a canopy over the party table. To do the latter, attach the streamers to a chandelier or a central point on the ceiling, and then cascade them out to the sides of the room.
- Balloons – Tie brightly-colored balloons in bunches of three, and attach the bunches to the backs of chairs or to balloon weights.
- Centerpieces – Buy or create a table centerpiece that coordinates with your theme, set it on the party table, and surround it with a sprinkling of confetti. You can make a centerpiece using materials like construction paper-covered shoeboxes, poster board, theme-related toys, hats, and other objects. For example, you could create a treasure chest for an ocean or pirate party by covering a cardboard box with brown paper and strips of gold foil, filling the box with plastic beads and gold coins, and sprinkling a few chocolate coins around the box for your guests to enjoy later.
- Placemats – Set coloring book pages on the party table in place of placemats. Let your guests color their placemats as an icebreaker activity. Laminate the colored placemats using contact paper, and then send them home with your guests as a fun keepsake. Alternatively, you can purchase one of our fun personalized placemats for each of your guests.
- Banners – Hang a birthday banner at the entrance to the party area to welcome your guests and announce your celebration.
- Party Favors – If you plan to give favor bags or boxes to your guests at the end of the party, cluster them on a table with a themed centerpiece, a stuffed animal, or a weighted bunch of balloons at the center to turn your favors into a decoration.
325 Church Street
Beween Canal and Lispendard
New York, NY